- Andrei Loktionov 1 (Assists: Anton Volchenkov 3)
- Adam Henrique 2 (Assists: Rostislav Olesz 1, Jaromir Jagr 2)
- Michael Ryder 3 (power-play) (Assists: Jaromir Jagr 3, Marek Zidlicky 6)
- Dainius Zubrus 2 (Assists: Bryce Salvador 2, Marek Zidlicky 7)
- It's a frustrating night for the Rangers who for the second time this season follow up a win with a night where they were sloppy, looked lost and had trouble with the small details.
- The Rangers are missing half of their top-six forwards bu there is still enough talent in the lineup to create and generate offense.
- Mats Zuccarello isn't producing anything, Derick Brassard, who is supposed to be a key player, is producing just a bit more than Zuccarello and the rest of the team, save for Brad Richards and Derek Stepan (though all of his point are secondary assists) aren't doing much.
- Henrik Lundqvist didn't get a lot of help tonight but he let in some tonight that he usually stops.
- The Rangers next game isn't until Thursday and it's against the Flyers, who have a week off prior to the game. Then it's Detroit and then the home opener.
From the Rangers:
- The Rangers were defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 4-0, tonight at Prudential Center, in there second of three straight divisional matchups.
- The Blueshirts are now 2-5-0 overall (4 pts), including a 2-5-0 mark on the road.
- The Rangers out-shot the Devils, 22-19, including a 10-3 advantage in the third period.
- New York was credited with 24 hits in the contest, with eight player registering two or more hits.
- Brian Boyle registered four shots and won 9-13 faceoffs (69%) in 15:16 of ice time. His four shots and nine faceoff wins both tied for the game-high.
- Justin Falk and Benoit Pouliot tied for the game-high with four hits apiece. Falk also logged a season-high, 14:53 of ice time.
- Anton Stralman led all skaters with a season-high, 23:29 of ice time.
- Henrik Lundqvist made 15 saves and is now 2-4-0 overall, including a 2-4-0 mark on the road this season.