- Thank God the Rangers don't need to go back to Montreal until next season. Something about that City brings out the absolute worst in the Rangers. That realignment plan that only saw the Rangers going there once is sounding pretty good now.
- Not the way you want to follow up one of the better played games of the season, but, just like after Ottawa, they have no choice but to respond. The games are only going to get tougher as we get deeper into the season
- The next five will be an interesting stretch: Nashville, Pittsburgh, Boston, Winnipeg and the Devils
via the Rangers
- The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 4-1, tonight at Bell Centre to end their four-game road winning streak, and are now 10-3-0 in their last 13 games away from MSG.
- New York is now 28-11-4 (60 pts) on the season, including a 15-7-2 mark on the road. The Rangers are 11-3-0 in their last 14 games overall.
- The Rangers have posted a record of 48-29-12 against Original Six opponents since the 2005-06 season, including a 12-12-3 mark vs. Montreal over the span.
- Tonight's loss in regulation was the Rangers' first in a back-to-back game this season. New York is now 11-1-2 in back-to-back games, including a 5-1-1 mark in the second game of back-to-backs. Since 2009-10, the Rangers are 26-9-3 in the second game of back-to-back sets, with a 13-6-2 on the road over the span.
- The Blueshirts' penalty kill was 1-1 (2:00) against the Canadiens, and has now held opponents scoreless in nine of the last 10 games (20-21, 95.2% over the span).
- John Mitchell registered the Rangers' lone goal at 12:49 of the first period. He was also credited with four hits and logged a season-high, 16:43 of ice time.
- Marian Gaborik tallied his 300th career NHL assist and logged 19:54 of ice time. He leads the team in scoring with 35 points, and is tied for the team lead with 17 road points.
- Derek Stepan recorded an assist and a game-high, five shots on goal in 19:40 of ice time. He has now tallied 18 points (six goals, 12 assists) in the last 22 games, including five points (two goals, three assists) in the last six.