- Nino Niederreiter (12) Wrist shot - ASST: Kyle Brodziak (15)
- PPG - Derek Stepan (12) Snap shot - ASST: Ryan McDonagh (25), Rick Nash (12)
- Zach Parise (23) Wrist shot - ASST: Jason Pominville (22), Mikael Granlund (29)
- The Rangers were better than they were against Minnesota but also played a much better team and a team with a good structure and defensive mindset. The Minnesota defense held the Rangers in check through the first two periods before the Rangers started pushing the pace a bit more and getting more chances in the third. They had some good chances to tie the game but Darcy Kuemper made some saves and ultimately it's two straight losses.
- As has been the case at other times this season, the Rangers need a lot more from their top players, Brad Richards and Rick Nash especially. Some moments here and there but nothing consistent.
- Marty St. Louis isn't exempt but he is at least getting one high quality chance per game. I think when he gets one his game will go to another level. Right now it seems like a lot of guys are trying to force him the puck and when he gets it he is trying so hard to make a play that its hurting him.
- I thought Cam Talbot was really strong tonight and certainly gave the Rangers a chance to win.
- Things don't get easier for the Rangers. Winnipeg is pushing for a playoff spot, San Jose is a top team the league, Ottawa is pushing and then it's a huge game next Friday against Columbus and then Saturday against the Devuls.