Johnny Gaudreau and the Flames were too much for the Rangers, as they fell 4-1 in The Garden on Sunday night. Box score
- 17:00 CGY Johnny Gaudreau; Assists: Sean Monahan
- 12:21 CGY Garnet Hathaway; Assists: Mark Jankowski
- 14:55 CGY Johnny Gaudreau; Assists: Mark Giordano
- 6:41 NYR Mike Zibanejad (PP); Assists: Neal Pionk, Mats Zuccarello
- 18:07 CGY Garnet Hathaway
- This is how it's going to go for the Rangers this season. They will play some good hockey, work hard, create chances but not score. On certain nights, when the defense is strong and Henrik is making extra saves, there is the potential to win 2-1, or 3-1 if they get an empty netter. Right now the Rangers just aren't finishing the opportunities that they have. Maybe that changes and the Rangers are able to score or maybe this is the story of the season.
- Filip Chytil looked solid on the wing and his line had the puck and chances in the offensive zone. I don't think there is any question he will play at least 10 games this season and burn off the first year of his deal.
- It's time for Tony DeAngelo to get back into the lineup. He's in a tough spot because he is likely the Rangers fourth right D on the depth chart, behind Shattenkirk, Pionk and McQuaid, but he needs to play. He's a developing player and it has to be hard for the Rangers to track his progress if he is going weeks between games.
- It's Florida Tuesday, Chicago on Thursday and the start of the Rangers first major road trip of the season out to California.
What's Next | The Rangers host the Panthers on Tuesday at 7 p.m.