Taylor Hall had two goals and two assists to help the Devils get off to a quick start and overpower the Rangers on Tuesday night, 5-2. >> Box score
- 0:25 NJD Travis Zajac; Assists: Blake Coleman
- 3:41 NJD Taylor Hall (Power Play)
- 10:40 NJD Will Butcher (Power Play); Assists: Kyle Palmieri, Taylor Hall
- 17:47 NYR Ryan Spooner; Assists: Jimmy Vesey, Filip Chytil
- 6:53 NJD Will Butcher (Power Play); Assists: Taylor Hall, Travis Zajac
- 15:45 NJD Taylor Hall (Penalty Shot)
- 14:26 NYR Kevin Hayes
From the Rangers Game Notes:
Jimmy Vesey tallied an assist, was credited with two hits, and posted a plus-two rating in 16:54 of ice time. He has registered an assist/point in four of the last six games, and he has recorded six points (two goals, four assists) over the span. In addition, Vesey has notched nine points (five goals, four assists) in the last 11 contests. He has recorded 28 points (17 goals, 11 assists) this season. Vesey has established career-highs in goals and points, and has tied his career-high in assists in 2017-18.
Filip Chytil notched an assist, registered two shots on goal, and posted a plus-one rating in 16:22 of ice time. Chytil has recorded a point in three of five games since he was recalled by the Rangers on Mar. 25 (one goal, two assists over the span), and he has tallied two points (one goal, one assist) in the last three contests.