Henrik Lundqvist allowed a go-ahead goal to Alec Martinez with 55 seconds remaining as the Rangers lost to the Los Angeles Kings 4-3 on Sunday at Staples Center. >> Box score
- 11:11 NYR Vladislav Namestnikov; Assist: Pavel Buchnevich
- 7:42 NYR Tony DeAngelo; Assists: Vladislav Namestnikov, Brett Howden
- 11:23 LA Dustin Brown (power play); Assists: Ilya Kovalchuk, Drew Doughty
- 13:14 LA Ilya Kovalchuk (power play); Assists: Drew Doughty, Anze Kopitar
- 10:28 LA Trevor Lewis; Assists: Adrian Kempe, Ilya Kovalchuk
- 15:16 NYR Ryan Spooner; Assists: Tony DeAngelo, Brady Skjei
- 19:05 LA Alec Martinez
- This was a bad/tough one for the Rangers and while I don't know that they were ever in control, they had a two-goal lead and were getting a strong performance from Henrik Lundqvist.
- These too many men on the ice penalties are just killing the Rangers. LA scoring on that PP notwithstanding, but it's just a brutal thing that the Rangers keep doing to put themselves in a hole. You can argue if the Rangers are good enough to win on a night to night basis but they are most certainly not good enough to win on any night if they keep taking these penalties.
- It was a nice comeback to tie it up at 3, but this was another game where the Rangers didn't create enough offense.
- Nice to see goals from Namestnikov, who had a strong game, and Spooner, who was terrific on the shift where he ended up scoring.
- What happens first: Filip Chytil scores a goal or the Rangers win on the road? Hopefully both happen in San Jose on Tuesday.
The Rangers face the San Jose Sharks on the road on Tuesday at 10:30 p.m.