Henrik Lundqvist spoke after tonight's loss in Pittsburgh and said:
- "The past month the level has not been high enough. You almost get tired of yourself trying to find the right thing to say, it's about going out and executing now."
- "We talk about what we need to do and coverage and pucks deep and when we do that we are a good team, but enough talk, we just need to do it."
- This was a step in the right direction, we had more energy and jump in our game."
- "It comes down to awareness and being on your toes."
- "A step in the right direction but overall we know that we have to come together and start playing our best hockey if we want to stay in the race. The battle level needs to be extremely high every night, I thought it was pretty good tonight."
- "You need to focus on your game. If everyone is playing on top of their game we are going to turn this around. There is no point in looking around the room and expecting more from anybody else, you need to expect more from yourself.
- "We are a team that will battle hard to get in, we score about 2 goals a game so we need to limit our mistakes. That is a fact and something we have to realize."
- "I will start with myself, work as hard as I can here moving forward to try and help the team. We need everybody doing that and see if we turn it around."