Rick Nash has played the last two games on a line with his former linemates Derick Brassard and Mats Zuccarello.
Against the Ducks, the trio had:
- Nash: 17:01: 3 shots on goal, 2 shot attempts blocked, 1 takeaway and 1 blocked shot.
- Brassard: 17:33, 1 shot on goal, 2 shot attempts blocked, 5 and 12 on faceoffs
- Zuccarello: 20:14, 1 shot attempt blocked, 3 shots that missed the net, 3 hits, 1 giveaway, 2 takeaways
Prior to the game against the Kings, Vigneault said of that line "I thought they had some moments, I didn't think that it was the best that it could be. I think we are going to have to give Rick a little bit of time to find his groove. He is coming along better but like anything else, he needs some practices. He has only had one with the team. They will be better tonight. (NYR)
Against the Kings, the trio had:
- Nash: 15:47, minus one, 1 shot on goal, 2 shot attempts blocked, 1 shot that missed the net, 2 hits and 1 takeaway.
- Brassard: 18:08, minus two, 2 shots on goal, 1 shot that missed the net, 2 hits, 1 takeaway, 1 blocked shot and 13 and 9 on faceoffs.
- Zuccarello: 18:32, minus two, 1 shot on goal, 2 blocked shots
Combined, when Nash was on the ice with Brassard were on the ice at even strength in the past two games the Rangers had 17 shot attempts for and 37 against and with Zuccarello 18 shot attempts for and 42 against. (Natural Stat Trick)