7:02PM: The Rangers are going with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen with Tony DeAngelo returning to the lineup and both Adam Cracknell and Paul Carey being scratched. (MSG)
5:29PM: Alain Vigneault spoke with the media before the game and said (NYR):
- "the only thing I know for sure tonight is Pavs going in and Quickie has been cleared to play so he is going to play. We've got 3 question marks that I will only know after warmups. A couple of bumps and bruises and we will sort this out up front and on D."
- On Pavelec, "it's very important, if you look at our backups and their records since I have been here, their winning percentages have been excellent. Very confident, Pavs has been working hard and doing a lot of extra with Benoit and tonight he gets his first chance to start his first game as as Ranger. I expect the group in front of him to be engaged for 60 minutes and to play real hard."
- On Fast, "like I said a couple of days ago, he was cleared medically, a matter of him feeling physically on the ice he was where he needed to be. We would not put him on back to back situations so I had a feeling we would be good for tonight and tonight is his first night."
- "I think our schedule is pretty good here moving forward. Any time you come back from a serious injury you are in constant communication with the medical staff. He has been feeling real well and followed all the rehab he had to do, he was on schedule. This is 5 months, I think, right to the letter."
- On the Devils, "combo of real good speed, goaltending has been very good. Playing with a lot of confidence and fast, a tough opponent for us."
5:04PM: Jesper Fast will make his season debut for the Rangers tonight against the Devils. (NYR)
Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal for the Rangers.
Vigneault said that other changes to the lineup could be made but that they won't know until after warmups. (NYR)