- He makes "great looking plays" but needs some latitude for the plays that "might not turn out."
- He has great vision and passing skills
- He has been more dependable defensively
- He will never be a "crushing defender"
- "He hasn't been a liability, to the contrary he has been playing more minutes against the other team's top lines and doing a good job for us."
- "The added ice time for whatever reason has made him play better."
- "He is an important part of our team as far as puck movement and our transition and defense to offense. When he is on top of his game, like he is right now, he is helping us out."
Larry Brooks writes that for the first time since being acquired Yandle is looking like the "dynamic player" the Rangers thought they were getting. (NY Post)
Yandle said that he feels like he is at his best when he is playing more minutes and that the more he has the puck on his stick the more confident he is with it. (NY Post)
He has six points in the eight games since Ryan McDonagh was originally hurt in, averaging 24:03 per game with 22 shots on goal and 3 PP assists. (HR)