6:09PM: Alain Vigneault said on Thursday:
- On Kevin Hayes, "he is a game time decision. This is the best that he has felt, we will talk with Rammer and the doctors and see how he feels coming back tonight and make it a game time decision."
- Is there urgency to get Hayes back, "he will play tonight if he can play. If he can't play and there is a chance that this goes sideways then we won't play him. At the end of the day, if he feels that he is good to go, he definitely helps our team and will play."
3:54PM: Alain Vigneault said that Kevin Hayes will be a game time decision for tonight's game in San Jose. (NYR)
Hayes spoke with the media after today's morning skate and said:
- Status for tonight, "still have to talk to a couple of people and we will make a decision from there."
- On how he is feeling, "much better, this is the best I have felt since that Vegas trip."
- Are you ready to go, "yea."
- Does the urgency of where the team is make an impact, "not too much. We are in a little rut right now but as an athlete, you don't want to put yourself at risk at anytime. When you feel you are ready to play you go back and play."
- "That is the biggest question. You play when you feel you won't be limited. I felt pretty good out there today. I'll be talking to people pretty soon and have a decision soon."
- What has been the most difficult, "it sucks not playing, you want to play all 82 games. You want to be part of a team, but we thought we could do some stuff for that second game back from Vegas and it just didn't go well. You never want to be watching from above when you think you can help that team and hopefully I will get that chance."
- Do you regret playing that game, "no."
- Are you a game time decision, "I think I'll know before game time./"