8:14PM: Alain Vigneault spoke with the media prior to tonight's game against the Ducks and said (NYR):
- "On D, Kleiner is going to go in for Dan. I didn't want two injured guys in at the same time and Dan got a start yesterday, obviously not an easy situation, especially that type of injury where you don't skate much and don't do a lot of off-ice conditioning. Felt we would get him in last night, get Kleiner in tonight and we will go from there, obviously Hank is in tonight."
- On the D pairs, "exact same two and Kleiner just goes in for Dan."
- "I think that three games in four nights and that if you look at last night's game, both Dan and Ryan spent a lot of time in their end if you look at their puck possession numbers when they were on the ice, where the other two pairs were as much in the offensive zone as defensive zone, that pair got caught out quite a bit in our own end so I figured this was a smarter way to go. After this stretch we have a number of games that are well spread out so we will be able to work on a few things with the guys who haven't played much."
- On the forwards, "offensively they had more shot attempts but some of the looks that we got were good and some of the looks that they got were off of turnovers that we can get under control. I liked how most of the lines played and they will get a chance to play tonight against a team that is playing real well."
- "I want us to play well, without a doubt that is what our group has to be focused on 5 on 5. PP got another big goal last night and PK was alright. We will get tested tonight against this team and we need to play well."
- On Hayes and Miller, "there is obviously a lot of upside there. I would say to you that when they go astray a little bit it has to do with puck decisions and make some of those more high percentage it would make it easier for the whole group. My dilemma is that I don't want to overemphasize that because they make great plays, so you need to find that balance between both. Hopefully with more games played and experience they are going to figure it out, they are very smart people and players."
- "Last night they were real good on the forecheck, they got turnovers, forced Doughty into some Grade A chances in the slot by Grabs. That part of their game is well under control, it's the other parts that sometimes coming up the ice with their decision making that just gotta sort that out a little bit."
7:06PM: Kevin Klein will replace Dan Girardi in the Rangers lineup tonight and skate with Ryan McDonagh. (NYR)
The Rangers will go with the same group of forwards as last night.