5:45PM: Alain Vigneault said before the game (NYR):
- "The only game-time decision that we have is Kleiner. He isn't feeling well right now, he is here, Adam is coming in and we will probably decide here in the next 45 minutes."
- The flu, "yea."
- On being in Brooklyn, "we haven't won in this building yet. We need to play a good game tonight, they are coming off a loss to Toronto, they were playing some real solid hockey before that. We are going to have to play a real solid game here and manage the puck real well and that is what we will try and do tonight here."
- On the forward combos, "Any coach will tell you that you would like to be consistent and keep the same lines. It depends on how certain guys are performing and if other players on a certain night have more jump or better decision making, you make some in-game decisions but every coach will tell you that if you can be consistent he would like to do that."
- Would you like to see more of these kinds of games, "I love these games and the fans love it also but the schedule is league oriented. I like these games but you also like to see other teams from the other conference with their great players also. Right now this is the way it is, a couple of years back you stayed more within your conference and only played once against the opposition. I am good either way."
- On the bad ice at Barclays, "you have ice issues in a lot of buildings, that is just the reality of the NHL today. It's something that depending on the weather and humidity, some ices are good for 5/6 minutes and others are better and it's part of the NHL and its' the same for both teams and you just deal with it."
5:14PM: Alain Vigneault said that Kevin Klein is a game-time decision tonight because he is dealing with an illness. (NYR)
Adam Clendening would come into the lineup if Klein can't play.
Clendening last played on 2/11 against Colorado.