5:16PM: Alain Vigneault met with the media prior to the game in Florida and said (NYR):
- "Kreids is good to go. He is fine and the only issue we have is that Davey came up with some kidney stone issues this morning. He will be out tonight."
- "We will put Kreids with Mika but move Quickie up there on the right side. Made a few little changes, that will be Mika's line, Peter will be with Cody and Paul, Spooner with Hayes and Zucc, the two Russians together."
- On Buchnevich, "in the last two games, 5 on 5, Buchie didn't do much, didn't generate as much as he can. He had some opportunities to make some plays with the puck but wasn't able to make those. He is a talented young man and trying to put his game together. It's the NHL, the best league, every player goes through some up and downs and we think that Buch has a high skill level and we are working with him to put it all together."
- On tonight's game, "I expect us to work hard, compete on the ice. We are playing against the best team since the All-Star break, highly skilled, offensive team that is getting some real solid goaltending. We need a good start. On that road trip we had real good starts, if we get a good start it permits us to have a little bit of confidence and momentum and good energy. Hopefully tonight we have a better start than we did in Tampa. I think that in Tampa our start was due to them being as good as they were and we had a hard time following that pace. A couple of better puck decisions and hoping we will be good to follow the pace that Florida can bring."
- On Zuccarello, "he's been working hard all year long but for whatever reason, with the puck he has had a hard time making the plays that we normally see. Very sensitive young man and I think that everything happening around our group has had some effect on him. At the end of the day he has to play well for our team to have success. He plays in all situations and we need him to make plays with the puck and beat opponents 1 on 1 like we have seen him do in the past. There are 14 games left and he can start by being real good tonight."
Kreider was held out of most of Thrusday's loss in Tampa for precautionary reasons.
David Desharnais is OUT for tonight's game due to kidney stones and Peter Holland comes back into the lineup. (Cyrgalis)
Kreider will skate with Mika Zibanejad and Jesper Fast while Vlad Namestnikov will center Pavel Buchnevich and Jimmy Vesey. (Cyrgalis)
Kevin Hayes will center Ryan Spooner and Mats Zuccarello. (Stephenson)