9:02PM: Alain Vigneault met with the media in LA prior to tonight's game and said (NYR):
- On the lineup, "Grabs is good to go, so he is back in the lineup. Kevin Hayes, no, Marc Staal is a game time decision. He skated this morning and felt pretty good. He will take warmups and talk to Rammer and we will know after warmups."
- Henrik in goal, "yes."
- On the approach tonight, "we need to play, what I have said 1,000 times, the right way. Back to back nights, also a lot of games in a short amount of time. We need to make sure that our energy level is good on the ice, that is short shift hockey. Need to keep the shifts to 25-30 seconds, make sure we have fresh legs on the ice and our focus is going to be on defense first. We need to play a strong defensive game. Last night we were pretty good in that area and from playing a strong defensive game we should be able to get some offensive opportunities. We are playing against a desperate opponent, we need some wins. It should be a real good hockey games."
- On why going back to Hank, "we had an afternoon game, he played well, he looks good and energized and wants to play."
8:30PM: Henrik Lundqvist starts in goal for the Rangers tonight against the Kings and the latest on the injured players are: (Giannone)
- Kevin Hayes is doubtful to play
- Marc Staal is a game time decision
- Michael Grabner, who missed yesterday's game with the flu, is expected to play.
Hayes and Staal were both listed as 50/50 for the game.
Dan Catenacci comes out of the lineup for Grabner. (NYR)