Bill Lindsay said on the NHL Network that Jimmy Vesey needs to be better this season and to expect "bigger and better things" from him. (NHL.com)
Vesey had 16 goals and 11 assists last season with 11 goals and 8 assists in the first 48 games and then 5 goals and 3 assists in the final 32 games.
By month, Vesey's numbers were:
- October: 9 games, 5 goals, 1 assist, plus 3, 16 shots, 15:27 per game
- November: 15 games, 3 goals, 5 assists, plus 2, 23 shots, 13:54 per game
- December: 14 games, 3 goals, 2 assists, minus four, 23 shots, 14:03 per game
- January: 11 games, 1 goal. minus 8, 8 shots, 11:57 per game
- February: 13 games, 2 goals, 2 assists, minus 1, 24 shots, 13:54 per game
- March: 14 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, minus 1, 16 shots, 12:33 per game
- April: 4 games. 1 goal, minus 4, 6 shots, 14:42 per game
Lindsay said that he has a "twisted wrister" and that when he has room with the puck he will put it in the net. (NHL.com)
He added that Vesey needs to improve away from the puck and be strong on the wall.(NHL.com)
For more on Vesey, click HERE.
Vesey is projected to score 18 goals and 18 assists by The Hockey News for this season.
Adam Rotter: I'm looking/hoping to see a big jump from Vesey in his second season. I really liked his game in the playoffs and definitely saw the potential that made him such a hyped prospect and one of the main stories of last summer. There is a definite opportunity for a bigger role this season and it will be up to him to learn from last year and bring those lessons into a more consistent and impactful game.