Derick Brassard was on TSN1200 in Ottawa and said the following:
- On joining Ottawa, Brassard said that "it sounds pretty nice and I am excited to come home and play for the Sens."
- How did you find out, "I knew there were rumors about the Sens and Rangers and this morning I went for training and the GM for the Rangers is trying to call me and my agent was trying to call and they couldn't reach me. It was actually a text from Marty St. Louis that broke the trade. He wished me good look in Ottawa and said that he thought it would be good for me and that it's an up and coming team and I said I guess I am traded to Ottawa. My family is pretty happy and I am excited to come here and get it done."
- He spent all of last summer in Greenwich, CT and working out for Ben Prentiss. He is currently in Greenwich working with Prentiss but may return to Ottawa to skate with his new teammates.
- He said that he loves the atmosphere in Ottawa and hoped to one day playing for the Sens. He said that he started hearing rumors about Ottawa about a month ago and thought 'anything can happen."
- On this past season, "I was playing with some good players. I am more a playmaker than a shooter but last year, when you get a few goals you get more confident and last year I was finishing all my chances I guess. Playing with Zuccarello and Miller really helped me. When you have a good PP and can produce it will help you."
- "I was expecting to maybe get moved and it happened today."