Puempel spoke on MSG after the game and said:
- On the Hat Trick, "it caught me off guard with only 25 seconds left. I knew that the goalie wasn't pulled so I didn't expect it. First one for me in a while, I don't think I had one in the American league ever. First one tonight is nice and my teammates helped me a lot getting that one."
- When was your last Hat Trick, "I think it was in the OHL, one of my last years in the OHL. I haven't thought about a Hat Trick in a while. It was nice to see some hats on the ice here."
- On the Hat Trick with his brother at the game, "he came to two of my games last year and I scored in both, it was the only two goals I had all year. I think he is good luck for me right now. It's nice to have the siblings on the trip and a good to get a win for them."
- On the game winner, "we got out there, it was 3-3, close game and I was just trying to take the goalies eyes away for any shots that came at him. I didn't see it when it left Mac's stick but I waived at it and it changed direction and went in. The PP was moving the puck really well tonight and I was just trying to do an easy job of taking away his eyes and fortunately that paid off."
- On being more comfortable, "Confidence goes a big way. Coming here was a fresh start and then having a little concussion there. It's 10/11 games now and the guys play a big part in welcoming me and the coaching staff and being in the lineup and having a role is a big part of it. I need to thank them for how they have treated me and that helps on the ice too."