5:32PM: Alain Vigneault met with the media prior to tonight's game in Boston and said (NYR):
- On the forwards, "Grabs is not available tonight. We called up Buch on emergency, played a real strong game last night. Called him up and he will be good tonight."
- The other forwards are good, "Mika is good to go, so is Kreids."
- On the lines, "It's a surprise...no it's not a surprise, putting Step back with Kreids and Zuccy, Nasher with Mika and Buch, Jimmy with Hayes and Miller and the same fourth line."
- McDonagh will be with Brendan, "yes and Marc will go back with Nick and Brady will stay with Adam."
- Could emergency turn into a recall, "we're not there. We are going 1 game at a time. Really focused on the Bruins, they have been real strong lately and if not the best, I think they are 7-1 in their last 8 games. They are a real good team and we will focus on them tonight."
- On relief after the deadline, "I'm not sure from a players standpoint if there was nervousness or whatever you want to call it. I was very comfortable with our group, we got some help on D. No doubt I am happy about that and happy moving forward and gotta take it a game at a time and play our game. We gotta play our game and the opponent we have moving forward and tonight we have Boston."
- "I don't really think in our case it changes a lot, we have the same group except the addition of 1 D. We have been really focused on our game and that is what we will continue to focus on."
5:07PM: Michael Grabner will miss tonight's game against Boston and be replaced in the lineup by Pavel Buchnevich. (NYR)
Buchnevich will start on a line with Mika Zibanejad and Rick Nash. (NYR)
The other Ranger lines will start as (Zipay):