1:05PM: Mika Zibanejad spoke with the media on Monday and said (NYR):
- "it's good to be back with the guys and see faces out there, it's always positive."
- How do you feel, "it's getting better. We are following the procedures that need to be done and we are taking it day by day and we will take it from there."
- Do you think you will be able to practice tomorrow, "we will see how I feel today. I can't look ahead too much in a situation like this. I felt good being out there again, we will see how the rest of the day goes and what else we are doing today and go from there."
- Have you been cleared for contact, "I don't know, nothing new that I have been told so last time. I wasn't wearing a red jersey today so that was good."
- How is your conditioning, "not too bad. I need a few practices to get it back but I think I have been pretty active still and feel different when you can do stuff, at least a little bit every day. I just need some more time on the ice and should be good to go."
- Can you explain what happened, "I got the hit against Detroit, didn't feel great so we did the protocol there and with these things you check in every day and how it's progressing. I felt pretty good on Saturday throughout the day, maybe I told myself I was feeling a little better than I was. Played Sunday and after that Sunday game I didn't feel good. Monday, the day off cooled things down a bit and then Tuesday I didn't feel right again and the decision was made by all of us to pull aside and see what is going on. It's getting better, that is the biggest thing but it stinks because you don't have a time table like other injuries. Last year I knew 6-8 weeks and I would be back, I try to take it day by day and stay positive."
- On how the team has played, "we have a good team, so. Guys have been stepping up. You want to be out there helping out but it's good to see the guys out there playing well, winning and just trying to get back ASAP but not too early just to want to be back. It's good to see."
- On previous concussions, "I've had a few, but everyone is different and I don't try to compare it to anything else. Talking with the doctors and training staff and just go from there."
- Was it strange that it took a while to feel it, "like I said, I don't know if Saturday I wanted to feel better than I was and told myself that and maybe shouldn't have played Sunday but it's easy to be wise now afterwards. I'm just happy it's progressing and going forward and just looking to be out there as soon as I feel 100%.