Shestyorkin, a goalie, is the fifth ranked goalie and 95th overall by Future Considerations which says:
- "Goes side to side and up and down very quickly and fluidly. Covers a lot of net, despite not being the biggest body. Willing to battle and do whatever it takes to keep the puck out of his net."
- "He can look quite unorthodox flailing in the crease. He’s very confident in his abilities and it shows in his play at times. Cuts down angles and keeps his body tight to the post."
- "His stick is weak and he does not play the puck very efficiently. Can be a bit of a nightmare when he leaves his crease to play a puck or make a mid- to long-range pass to a defender."
- "Needs to work at tracking the puck better and maintaining his focus. Absolutely dominated the MHL junior league this season with a 1.42 goals against average and a .947 save percentage."
- They list him as a "project goalie."
From the Rangers: "The Blueshirts selected goaltender Igor Shesterkin with the 118th overall pick. Shesterkin split this past season between MHK Spartak of the Junior Hockey League (MHL) and Spartak Moskva of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). In 23 appearances with MHK Spartak, the Moscow, Russia native posted a 14-5-4 record, along with a 1.42 GAA, a .947 SV%, and five shutouts. Shesterkin also registered a 12-7 record in 19 playoff games, along with a 1.75 GAA, a .937 SV%, and four shutouts to help MHK Spartak win the MHL Championship."