- Bettman says 82 game season could be saved if start by Nov. 2, so he made an offer he calls "best shot" to do that.
- "We offered at 50/50 share" and "we believed we addressed concern" players have about their salaries
- He understands players will need time to review it
- Bettman: it is an offer of 50/50 across the board
Chris Johnston tweets:
- "Gary Bettman on NHL's offer: "It was done in the spirit of getting a deal done."'
- "Gary Bettman says compressed 82-game schedule starting Nov. 2 would see every team play an extra game every five weeks."