9/16/16 | 1:02PM: Jeff Gorton said, "He is right on track, looks good. Committed to staying the whole time this summer. He spent time with Ben Prentiss working out. He looks good physically, his English is better. He lived with a family that only spoke English which says a lot about him and what he wants to do." (NYR)
9/15/16 | 5:58PM: Pavel Buchnevich spoke today and said (NYR):
- "I spent 7 weeks with Ben Prentiss training in CT, on and off the ice, twice a week on the ice and everyday, twice a day, off the ice. Then I took two weeks to gather my belongings and I came back on September 1. I have been here since."
- Is it a big difference from your past training, "I'm tired of practicing. I have to start playing."
- Are you getting more comfortable, "I understand a lot more in English now. The Rangers players are very good to me and speaking slowly knowing that I don't speak very well but I am understanding a lot more than I ever did when I first got here."
- Do you have a tutor, "I have an app on my phone. (smile) I had a great host family for 7 weeks and lived with wonderful people and they helped me with my English and talked to me a lot and were very patient with me."
- Do you feel you have to show something to win a job, "I just have to play my game and do what the team needs me to do."
- What do you know about the Traverse City tournament, "The only thing that I know is what Chris Kreider told me, don't get into a fight because you never know who you are fighting."
- Do you like what you have seen of North America, "I'm getting used to it, slowly."
Prentiss is most known as Martin St. Louis' trainer but in past years Chris Kreider, Derick Brassard, Nathan Gerbe and Brad Richards, among others, have trained with him in the offseason.
For a lot more on Buchnevich, click HERE.