The New York Rangers defeated the Montreal Canadiens 4-3 in a shootout in Montreal.
For a recap and stats visit SNY.tv
- The Rangers jumped ahead of Montreal by 1 point and are currently 6th in the Eastern Conference with 82 points.
- Chris Drury scored the winner in the shootout.
- Markus Naslund and Nik Antropov also scored in the shootout for the Rangers.
- Andrew Kostitsyn missed but Alex Kovalev and Andrei Markov scored for Montreal in the shootout.
- Nik Antropov (25) opened the scoring with a goal from Chris Drury (29) and Wade Redden (21) at 7:31 of the First.
- Montreal tied it when Alex Kovalev(17) scored on the powerplay from Andrei Markov(44) and Mathieu Schneider(18) at 18:26 of the 2nd.
- Nik Zherdev (20) untied the game at 5:32 of the 3rd on a goal from Scott Gomez(37) and Marc Staal(11).
- 40 seconds later Montreal tied it back up when Maxim Lapierre (12) scored from Andrei Markov(45)
- Ryan Callahan (17) gave the Rangers a 3-2 lead from Brandon Dubinsky (26)
- At 15:07 Montreal tied it again when Andrei Markov (10) scored from Guillaume Latendresse (10)
- Henrik Lundqvist made 26 saves on 29 shots.
- Carey Price made 39 saves on 42 shots.
- The Rangers were 0 for 4 on the powerplay.
- Montreal was 1 for 6.
- Colton Orr had 4:21 of ice time the whole game.