The Rangers have announced that prospect Ty Ronning has been signed to an entry-level contract.
Ronning, 20, was the Rangers 7th round pick in 2016.
He has 55 goals and 22 assists for Vancouver in the WHL this season in 64 games.
Ronning is 5-9, 172.
Thank you to my family, teammates, coaches, and friends for always pushing me to be a better player - and person. Thank you all for believing in me and supporting my career! Hard work pays off but this is just the beginning. Can't wait to take a bite out of the big apple! 🍎 pic.twitter.com/XPXfURq9sq- Ty Ronning (@TyRonning7) March 5, 2018
From the Rangers release on Ronning:
- He has established WHL career-highs in several categories this season, including goals, points, plus/minus rating, shots on goal (313), game-winning goals (eight), and power play goals (15).
- Ronning ranks second in the WHL in shots on goal and is tied for second in the league in goals in 2017-18.
- In addition, Ronning leads Vancouver in goals, points, shots on goal, plus/minus rating, power play goals, shorthanded goals (two), and power play points (21), and ranks second in game-winning goals this season.
- Ronning has tallied at least 50 points in each of the last three seasons (2015-16 - 2017-18), and he has recorded 30 or more goals in two of those three seasons.
- He also represented the WHL at the 2016 Canada Russia Series and recorded one assist in two contests.
- In his 12 contests with Hartford in 2016-17, Ronning recorded two goals and three assists for five points, along with six penalty minutes and 23 shots on goal.