Pavel Buchnevich scored twice, Boo Nieves had three assists, and the Rangers defeated the Coyotes by a score of 5-2 at Madison Square Garden on Thursday >> Read more
- 8:01 NYR Chris Kreider; Assists: Mats Zuccarello, Mika Zibanejad
- 15:57 NYR Pavel Buchnevich; Assists: Ryan McDonagh, Boo Nieves
- 5:13 AZ Anthony Duclair; Assists: Christian Dvorak, Alex Goligoski
- 5:59 NYR Michael Grabner; Assists: Boo Nieves
- 13:56 NYR Pavel Buchnevich; Assists: Boo Nieves
- 3:52 AZ Clayton Keller (Power Play); Assists: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Max Domi
- 19:24 NYR Michael Grabner (ENG)
- 3: Michael Grabner
- 2: Pavel Buchnevich
- 1: Boo Nieves
- You can only play who is on your schedule and it was certainly a nice thing for the Rangers to have Arizona and their young goalie pay a visit tonight.
- The Rangers played this game exactly the way they needed to, they were fast, got pretty good goaltending from Ondrej Pavelec and two of their most important players, Zuccarello and Kreider, connected on the first goal.
- This was certainly the MSG debut for Boo Nieves. Three assists and a big part on a very fast and skilled fourth line. This was maybe Michael Grabner's best game of the season or at least the first one where he really looked like the player from last year.
- Pavel Buchnevich was very deserving of the type of goals he scored tonight. He had been robbed on so many quality chances lately that it's nice to see some pucks go in for him.
- It's a nice win but it doens't mean a whole lot if they can't follow it up in Montreal. This team needs to win back to back games and then threaten to do something that seemed far fetched a few weeks ago; go on a winning streak.
What's Next: The Rangers will travel to Montreal to take on the Canadiens on Saturday at 7 p.m.