The Rangers and Flames traded goals in the first period, but the Blueshirts broke out with a two-goal second period en route to a 3-1 victory in Calgary on Friday night. Henrik Lundvist made 50 saves for the second consecutive game. >> Box score
- 4:07 NYR Kevin Hayes; Assists: Ryan Spooner
- 2:05 CGY Brett Kulak; Assists: Michael Frolik, Matthew Tkachuk
- 11:01 NYR Pavel Buchnevich; Assists: Chris Kreider, Neal Pionk
- 14:58 NYR Ryan Spooner; Assists: Anthony DeAngelo
- This was a classic earlier Novemberish this season/early 2015-16 type of win for Henrik and the Rangers. Lundqvist made a number of absolutely jaw dropping saves that kept the game close and then the Rangers took advantage of their chances.
- Kevin Hayes has been red hot offensively for a while and Pavel Buchnevich scored his first in a while and could have easily had a hat trick with all the chances he had.
- Then there is Ryan Spooner who, through three games, is producing at an extreme level. He scored his first goal against Calgary, made another nice move on the Rangers first goal and is just playing at a real high level.
- On his 36th birthday, Henrik Lundqvist had another 50 save game, another win and hopefully an indication that Henrik is nowhere near slowing down. Henrik is as important to the Rangers as ever and if he can play at a high level next season then the Rangers could be right back in the playoffs.
The Rangers finish their road trip through Western Canada by facing the Oilers in Edmonton on Saturday night at 10:30 p.m.