Henrik Lundqvist put on a masterclass in goal with 40 saves as the Rangers beat the Red Wings 2-1 in overtime.
- 4:05 DET Tomas Tatar; Assists: Henrik Zetterberg, Niklas Kronwall
- 10:17 NYR Chris Kreider; Assists: Pavel Buchnevich, Brady Skjei
- 0:37 NYR Mats Zuccarello; Assists: Brady Skjei, J.T. Miller
- 3: Mats Zuccarello
- 2: Jimmy Howard
- 1: Henrik Lundqvist
- This was another showstopping night for Henrik Lundqvist, and Jimmy Howard. He was spectacular throughout, was dominant in the first and only beaten in the third while being screened completely on a play that should have been out of the zone. Henrik has been terrific lately and I keep wondering when it's the right time to give him a rest and go with Pavelec, but it's definitely hard to sit him when he plays at this high of a level.
- It was back and forth with both teams taking turns with long shifts in the offensive zone and lots of quality chances. The Rangers probably should have been leading going into the third but Howard made some unreal saves, especially in the second period.
- It doesn't get a whole lot better for the Rangers when Chris Kreider and Mats Zuccarello are the goal scorers. Kreider has 3 in the past two games, Zuccarello is starting to find his form and the Rangers need those two to continue to drive success for the Rangers.
- The Rangers overall seemed little disjointed, looked like they were trying to force a few passes and struggled to clear the zone but they were bailed out by Henrik.
- So now it's 3 in a row, again, and 7 straight wins at home for the Rangers. They continue to round their game into shape, are getting scoring from throughout the lineup, spectacular goaltending and will hopefully only get even better when a healthy Ryan McDonagh is able to return.
- We are starting to get close to the time where it's okay to look at the standings but if you take a quick peak right now you will see that the team that spent most of October in the basement is now in playoff position.