Conor Sheary scored two goals and the Sabres held on to beat the Rangers on Saturday night, 3-1. >> Box score
- 13:15 BUF Conor Sheary (Power Play); Assists: Rasmus Ristolainen, Casey Mittelstadt
- 1:42 BUF Conor Sheary (Power Play); Assists: Sam Reinhart, Jack Eichel
- 15:21 NYR Brett Howden; Assists: Adam McQuaid, Ryan Spooner
- 19:58 BUF Jack Eichel (ENG)
- This was a very winnable game for the Rangers and they had the chances to go up early or tie it late but couldn't do it. They had a bunch of really good chances but Carter Hutton was good, pucks hit the side of the net or just went wide.
- Henrik Lundqvist was really good for the second straight game. He was beaten on two PP chances but overall he was solid in net and gave the Rangers a chance.
- Jimmy Vesey, at least through two games, is heading toward the Rick Nash territory of 'playing well, getting lots of chances, but not scoring.' He was strong again and had chances, but couldn't find the back of the net. It is encouraging to see him play this way and hopefully if he continues to do so the puck will go in.
- Nice for Brett Howden to get his first goal. He's been impressive and while his ceiling is still up for a debate, no matter what it ends up being, he looks like he will be a big part of things moving forward.
The Rangers will face the Hurricanes on Sunday at 5 p.m. at PNC Arena.