JT Miller scored the game-winning goal in overtime to secure a 2-1 road victory for the Rangers over the Lightning on Thursday. >> Box Score
- 18:34 NYR Chris Kreider; Assists: Mika Zibanejad, Brady Skjei
- 11:00 TB Yanni Gourde (Short Handed); Assists: Victor Hedman, Brayden Point
- 1:19 NYR J.T. Miller; Assists: Kevin Shattenkirk, Henrik Lundqvist
- Two in a row for this Rangers team. Two. In. A. Row. They wanted to build off the third period win over Vegas and, for the most part, they did that tonight.
- This was probably the best overall game the Rangers have played this season, this or the win against Nashville. They were fairly structured defensively, played a chippy game, used their speed, pressured, forced Tampa into turnovers and stood tall when Tampa started to carry the play. They also created numerous offensive opportunities but were shut down by a great game from Vasilevskiy.
- Henrik Lundqvist was very good for the second straight game, Jimmy Vesey was all over the ice, Michael Grabner had a bunch of chances and Chris Kreider is certainly starting to finish.
- JT Miller has been up and down through the first dozen or so games but he made some plays tonight and then made a great move on the winner in OT. The Rangers need Miller and this is hopefully the start of a good run for him.
- The Rangers played hard and matched up with the best team in the league tonight. Now it's two in a row and a win Saturday would put the Rangers on their first winning streak of the season. It's not the time to start making proclamations that the Rangers are fixed and guaranteed to go on a huge run, but tonight's performance was certainly encouraging. At some point when Tampa was pressuring I started to think that even if they lost, an effort and performance like this on most nights would result in a win. Hopefully they can keep building and get on that much needed winning streak.
What's Next: The Rangers will face the Florida Panthers on SAturday at 7 p.m. at the BB&T Center.