Henrik Lundqvist made 32 saves and Mats Zuccarello and Mika Zibanejad tallied shootout goals as the Rangers defeated the Maple Leafs, 2-1, on Thursday night at the Air Canada Centre. >> Read more
- 10:56 TOR Connor Brown; Assists: Tyler Bozak, Jake Gardiner
- 10:50 NYR J.T. Miller; Assists: Kevin Hayes, Brandon Pirri
- William Nylander: STOPPED
- Mats Zuccarello: SCORED
- Auston Matthews: SCORED
- Mika Zibanejad: SCORED
- Nazem Kadri: STOPPED
- That was some game between the Rangers and Leafs with excellent goaltending, chances at both ends and an absolutely amazing and fun to watch 3 on 3 OT.
- Henrik Lundqvist continues to be outstanding and certainly saved the Rangers with two breakaway saves in OT.
- Freddy Anderson was excellent for the Leafs and the Rangers really had to work and earn their one goal in regulation. He kept the Leafs in the lead and in the game all night because the Rangers were throwing a ton of pucks toward the net.
- Rick Nash was dominant and had 11 shot attempts. He somehow didn't score but was all over the ice for the Rangers and nearly won it in OT.
- Brandon Pirri picked up an assist and his missed shot set up the Rangers goal. He got the puck towards the net which is why he was brought back into the lineup.
- I don't mind the shootout but I do think they should probably go to 10 minutes of 3 on 3 OT. It's hard to believe that someone won't score in 10 minutes of end to end actions, breakaways and tired players.
What's next: The Rangers travel to New Jersey to face the Devils at the Prudential Center on Saturday at 5 p.m. ET.