The Rangers held off the Minnesota Wild, 3-2, on Saturday night at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. >> Read more
- 12:54 MIN Eric Staal; Assists: Martin Hanzai, Matt Dumba
- 16:01 NYR Brady Skjei; Assists: Mats Zuccarello, Adam Clendening
- 7:46 NYR Oscar Lindberg; Assists: J.T. Miller
- 17:34 NYR Jimmy Vesey; Assists: Osca Lindberg, Pavel Buchnevich
- 4:51 MIN Matt Dumba (Power Play); Assists: Zach Parise, Charlie Coyle
- This was a pretty solid road win for the Rangers. In some ways it played out partly like yesterday's loss, in that the team that was better in the first part of the first period and scored first, didn't win. The Rangers certainly needed some time to get their legs, were down 1-0 but played a much better game after Brady Skjei tied the game.
- Pavel Buchnevich and Adam Clendening both came into the lineup and both made impacts on the scoreboard, with Clendening being part of the first goal and Buchnevich being part of the winner. They will almost certainly, or at least should be, in the lineup when the Rangers play the Devils on Tuesday.
- Unlike recent games where the Rangers struggled in the second period, the Rangers played well in tonight's second period and scored twice. They were able to defend their lead, got pretty good goaltending from Antti Raanta and another win on the road.
- That was some pass from JT Miller to Osccar Lindberg on the Rangers second goal.
- Jimmy Vesey has had an up and down, but overall good rookie season. He started off the play with a hard shot on net and then showed his hands and skill level with the nice move and roofing the puck on the winner.
- So the Rangers picked up 3 out of 4 points on the weekend and have to be very close to getting that checkmark by their name to officially clinch a playoff spot.