The Rangers take on the Florida Panthers on the road Saturday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Panthers have won seven straight games, allowing one goal or fewer in five of the seven games. The seven-game win streak is tied for the longest in franchise history. The Panthers have had four different seven-game winning streaks in team history, the last was from March 2-16, 2008.
- Florida is 9-2-3 against the Metropolitan Division. The nine wins are the most by any team versus the Metropolitan Division this season. The Panthers have allowed just 18 first-period goals this season, the fewest in the NHL by any team in any period.
- Aleksander Barkov leads the Panthers with 10 points (5 goals, 5 assists) during their seven-game win streak. Barkov has two goals in each of his last two games. He is the eighth Panther all-time with back-to-back multi-goal games, and first since Shawn Matthias in March of 2013. No Panther has ever had 2+ goals in three consecutive games.
- The Rangers have won two of their last three games (2-1-0), after dropping three straight in regulation and allowing 5+ goals in all three losses. New York has allowed multiple power-play goals in four of its last six games.
- New York has won seven consecutive games against Florida, outscoring the Panthers 28-16. The seven-game win streak is tied for the Rangers second-longest active win streak versus any opponent. The Rangers have won eight straight against the Hurricanes and also seven straight against the Sabres.
- Mats Zuccarello scored his team-leading 16th goal on Wednesday at Tampa Bay. Zuccarello has 16 goals in 38 games this season, after totaling just 15 goals in 78 games in 2014-15.