Jimmy Vesey was on NHL Tonight to discuss his new contract with the Rangers and said (NHL Network):
- On staying with the Rangers, "it's a good situation for both sides and glad it worked out. We are a new look team this year with a lot of youth and changes. Looking forward to somewhat of a fresh start and the guys in our room, everyone can be a little bit better and that will bode well for us."
- Where do you want to get better, "consistency for me has been big, I've had good stretches and then quieter stretches as well. I've gone from a younger guy on the team to pretty much one of the older guys. I want to step up my game and be more consistent and develop into a leader for this team."
- On the process the team is going through, "Rebuild has been the term thrown around the most but everyone wants to win at this level and right after the season, Hank said that regardless of what happened last year that we are coming into this season looking to win and he sets the tone for the team and is a great competitor and with him leading the charge, I think that is good for us."
- On David Quinn, "we were familiar with each other, I played against him while he was at BU. Nothing more than I guess the rivalry in college but I'm excited to have him as a coach. He has a lot of ties to Boston and I think he will be a great fit for our team."
- On speaking with Quinn, "He's been pretty active, reached out to all the guys on the team. I sat down with him and one of the things he stressed is that the answers for us are in our own locker room. If everyone can step up their own individual game then we will be that much better and everyone is excited to be here."