The New York Rangers lost to the Ottawa Senators 2-0 on Sunday at Madison Square Garden. >> Read more
- 1:54 OTT Jean-Gabriel Pageau; Assists: Tom Pyatt, Zack Smith
- 16:11 OTT Mark Stone (power play); Assist: Mike Hoffman
- The Rangers are win-loss-win-loss in the last four games. They are scoring at a much lower rate and teams are doing a better job defending them. They are also 0-3-1 in their last 4 at MSG which is shocking after their brilliant start at MSG.
- Guy Boucher can coach the Senators to play whatever style that he thinks will lead them to win the most games. This particular style though is just a very boring style to watch. That said.....it can also really shut down a team if played correctly.
- The Rangers, because a lot of what the Senators did, could not execute or generate chances and it's hard to win if you don't do those things. They had PP opportunities and didn't do enough there or when they had the goalie pulled
- The Sens prevented the Rangers from playing with speed and if the Rangers can't use their speed they are a very ordinary team. They are learning how to adjust and play when their speed game isn't there but they still have a lot more work to do. They will take tonight, practice tomorrow and move on to finding a way to beat Carolina on Tuesday. The more the season goes on the more tape there will be on how to defend the Rangers and they need to be one step ahead with their adjustments.
The Rangers host the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET.