The Rangers scored once in the second period and twice in the third en route to a 3-0 win over the Ottawa Senators on Sunday at Madison Square Garden. >> Read more
- 4:46 NYR Kevin Hayes; Assists: Jesper Fast, Jimmy Vesey
- 4:52 NYR Michael Grabner; Assists: Marc Staal, Mats Zuccarello
- 17:31 NYR Mika Zibanejad (ENG); Assists: Zuccarello, Chris Kreider
- 3: Mats Zuccarello
- 2: Kevin Hayes
- 1: Henrik Lundqvist
- Well the Rangers played this game just about perfectly. Defensively the Rangers limited the Senators to only 20 shots, Henrik Lundqvist was solid and the PK obviously stepped up in a big way to kill off the 5 minute major.
- This was the type of effort the Rangers needed, strong defensive 60 minute effort, to get back to winning. They created some good opportunities, broke though with some goals and extended their winning streak at home.
- I can see calling Brendan Smith for interference but I'm not sure he deserved the five-minute major and game misconduct. The result was very scary with Borowiecki staying on the ice for a while and struggling but this looked like two players trying to hit each other and Borowiecki getting the worst of it.
- Henrik Lundqvist continues to be solid in net and was rewarded for that with a shutout.
- Overall the Rangers enter their third 10 game segment of the season with a win and something they should be able to build off of.
The Rangers face the Carolina Hurricanes on the road on Wednesday at 7 p.m. before a four-game homestand.