The Rangers have signed 23-year old Russian defenseman Alexei Bereglazov to a contract.
Bereglazov is 6-4, 205 and has played in 162 games in the KHL over the past four seasons, 5 goals and 28 assists, and 40 playoff games, including a Championship in 2015-16.
He won Bronze with Russia at the 2014 World Juniors as a teammate of Pavel Buchnevich and was also a teammate of Buchnevich and Rangers prospect Igor Shesterkin in the Euro Hockey Tour last year.
- Bereglazov, 23, skated in 60 games with Metallurg Magnitogorsk of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) this season, registering one goal and 18 assists for 19 points, along with a plus-nine rating and 20 penalty minutes.
- Bereglazov established KHL career-highs in several categories this season, including games played, assists, points, plus/minus rating, and average ice time (19:27).
- Bereglazov led KHL defensemen 24 years old or younger in assists and tied for first among KHL defensemen 24 years old or younger in points this season.
- He led Metallurg in blocked shots (68) in 2016-17. In addition, Bereglazov ranked second among team defensemen in shots on goal (111), tied for second among team defensemen in assists, ranked third among team defensemen in points, and ranked fourth among team defensemen in average ice time and plus/minus rating.
- The 6-4, 205-pounder also skated in eight playoff games with Metallurg this season, registering six assists and a plus-eight rating.
- Bereglazov tied for fifth among KHL defensemen in assists, ranked sixth among KHL defensemen in plus/minus rating, and tied for 10th among KHL defensemen in points in the playoffs this year.
- In addition, he ranked fourth on Metallurg in average ice time (20:19), and ranked fifth on the team in assists and plus/minus rating in the playoffs.