8/31/18 | The Hockey News Yearbook expanded a bit on the Rangers prospect list, below, and included when those players might be expected to make the NHL.
The Sports Forecaster Magazine listed the Rangers top prospects as Chytil, Andersson, Shesterkin, Kravtsov, Georgiev, Howden, Hajek, Lindgren, Patrick Virta and Yegor Rykov.
8/14/18 |The Hockey News has released their annual pool guide and with it a list of the Rangers top 10 prospects.
- Lias Andersson - "Relentless on puck pursuit, skilled, gritty style. Strong winning mentality and natural leader." NHL Projection: 18-19
- Filip Chytil - "Good stickhandling and instincts, difference maker on the ice. Learning to utilize size effectively." NHL Projection: 18-19
- Vitali Kravtsov - "Skillful in 1-on-1 battles. Gritty, physical style. Plays better against tougher competition."NHL Projection: 21-22
- Igor Shesterkin - "Incredible lateral movement with a quick glove. Extreme focus.Winner of Olympic Gold Medal." NHL Projection: 19-20
- K'Andre Miller - "Physical specimen with powerful strides." NHL Projection: 22-23
- Libor Hajek - "Physical blueliner, logs big minutes. Defensive upside, gaining size and skating ability." NHL Projection: 20-21
- Brett Howden - "Key penalty-killer with skill in winning faceoffs. Chips in offensively. Skating much improved." NHL Projection: 20-21
- Ryan Lindgren: "Shot blocked plays big minutes. Punishes foes with hits." NHL Projection: 20-21
- Nils Lundkvist: Consistently defensive, plays safe and efficiently. Undersized frame, so he's many years away." NHL Projection: 22-23
- Olof Lindbom: Calm demeanor. Good in big games, plays small. Needs work using size to advantage." 23-24
They list Andersson and Chytil as two players that are "good candidates" to play with the Rangers this season.
Andersson, Shesterkin and Tony DeAngelo were the Rangers top-three last year.
This past spring the Rangers were ranked 24th overall and were led by Andersson, Chytil and Shesterkin in the top-three.