The Rangers win their third straight Winter Classic game as J.T. Miller scored an overtime goal to beat the Sabres, 3-2, at Citi Field << Box score
- 4:09 NYR Paul Carey; Assist: Jesper Fast, Boo Nieves
- 8:20 NYR Michael Grabner; Assist: Kevin Haye, J.T. Miller
- 0:56 BUF Sam Reinhart (Power Play); Assist: Rasmus Ristolainen, Jack Eichel
- 0:27 BUF Rasmus Ristolainen (unassisted)
- 2:43 NYR J.T. Miller (Power Play); Assist: Kevin Shattenkirk, Mats Zuccarello
Adam Rotter: Well this would have been another extremely frustrating loss but the Rangers managed to get the break in OT and then JT with the winner. I look at this game as an outlier when it comes to evaluating, but overall this was a game where the Rangers could have been better after the first period. They took too many penalties, turned too many pucks over and seemed to let the game get away from then. Henrik Lundqvist was excellent, again, and made a bunch of big saves when the Sabres started to push. Jesper Fast was certainly a surprise return to the lineup. He and the fourth line were great. So now the Winter Classic is over and the Rangers can move on with their season and get back to playing games inside.
What's Next: The Rangers take on the Blackhawks at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday at 8 p.m.