By month, Thomas had:
- October: 1 goal and 2 assists in 7 games
- November: 3 goals and 2 assists in 11 games
- December: 4 goals and 2 assists in 14 games
- January: 1 goal and 1 assist in 11 games
- February: 4 goals and 4 assists in 9 games
- March: 5 goals and 2 assists in 13 games.
- April: 1 goal and 3 assists in 8 games.
Thomas said that he learned from his dad not to be intimidated on the ice because of his stature, "it's always nice to get in there and mix things up. I'm not really scared of much on the ice."
He said that he just needs to keep working hard to show to get another shot at sticking in the NHL for more than just one game.
Leslie Treff writes at Hockey's Future that Thomas had an up and down first pro season and that he has just as much chance of being a top-six forward as he does a bust. She notes that this coming season will give a big indication on which route Thomas will take.