- In all of the new arenas, the leg room is less than in the "old MSG" due to the steepness of the gradient. Better sight lines (and the sight lines were much much improved) mean you have to go up instead of out and within a confined space, that means by definition, less width for leg room, especially because the Garden wants to maximize seating in the arena bowl itself. If anyone has ever seen a game at the Rock or at Verizon Center in Washington, they should understand.Original Post: Readers Domenic and James were nice enough to send me some of their thoughts on Madison Square Garden after attending the Rangers home opener last night.
- On the new Madison concourse, when all of the concessions are open, it will be fantastic and the lines won't be horrendous at all
- Just to reiterate, during the second half of last season, there was one bathroom for each sex on the entire 6th floor and 3/4 of the concessions were shut down. Perhaps there wasn't as much publicity about it but it was miserable and now that its moving on to the 8th floor, I just wish people wouldn't use it as bemoaning the plight of the "real fan" It's a huge construction project that is still ongoing...I know it sucks but it should simply be that it sucks. It doesn't mean that the Dolans are screwing the real fans (any more than they were two years ago)...
Domenic, full list below, gave a PRO and CON list:
- PRO: The 6th floor madison concourse is definitely spacious with better bathrooms and definitely seems nice and cleaner with more room, its cool, very bright.
- CON: THE NEW LOWER BOWL SEATS ARE TIGHTER.
- PRO: THE WEST END BALCONY IS AWESOME, the seats have a sick view, even the stools do too. AND theres a complete glass side view of the msg booth where i have a sick pic of leech and trautwig.
- CON: EVERY CONCESSION WAS CLOSED EXCEPT FOR ICE CREAM, POPCORN AND BEER. Nothing opens until mid-December. Not to mention the lines were outrageous.
He said that the bathrooms were disgusting and "most of the concession stands were closed - and the ones that were open were really, really understaffed."
Well that isn't great to hear. The concession stand thing is annoying, but I do think I remember hearing that December date before. Bathrooms at MSG have always been an issue.
"Robert sent this email: In short, the place looked great. The price increases were expected but I had to laugh at $355 for a jersey (authentic but still). I had seats in the West Balcony that the ushers couldn't seem to figure out how they were set up. It turned out that they put us in the wrong seats for the first half of the game.
Trying to get food at all was a task. The lines were long and once you got to the counter all you could get after the 20+ minute wait were hot dogs. I hope it all gets smoothed out, knowing that there's still a long way to go but it never fails to make the people in the 400's and up feel much less important than those if the new fancy seats down below."
Were you at the game? What did you think?
1. We got shirts!! wow I guess they can give us shirts since theres no knicks. Pro
2. The 6th floor madison concourse is definitely spacious with better bathrooms and definitely seems nice and cleaner with more room, its cool, very bright. Pro
3. The stores on the 6th floor madison concourse weren't bad either, i definitely like them better than the 1 solid store and little half a$$ ones from last year. Pro
4. THE NEW LOWER BOWL SEATS ARE TIGHTER. BIG CON
5. EVERY CONCESSION WAS CLOSED EXCEPT FOR ICE CREAM, POPCORN AND BEER. Nothing opens until mid-december. RIDICULOUS CON. Not to mention the lines were outrageous Con.
5. The 300 level is even more of a crapshoot and tighter with less places to get food aside from hot dogs, bathrooms still suck. Ugh con.
6. The 400s are still the 400s, we got nothing up here, lol. Same as expected
7. The new 300s are cool i guess, but I'm confused, there were televisions in the first row...and the media set on the side of it in rows on the west goal end of the arena (rangers shoot twice side). This confused the hell out of me, is that the new 300s or just a special end area.
8. The covered up areas behind the 100s goal, where you used to walk around, now its just boarded up and is a terrible eyesore. Cover that up with those rangers banners or something.
9. THE WEST END BALCONY IS AWESOME, the seats have a sick view, even the stools do too. AND theres a complete glass side view of the msg booth where i have a sick pic of leech and trautwig.
10. The west end balcony concession lines are horrendous. Got on it with 15 mins left in 1st intermission, got back to my section 412 seat right below with 10 mins left in 2nd. (not that i cared)
11. West end balcony seats are only available for groups and individual tix...I was told tonight that they won't be up for season fix.
12. **BRIDGES NEWS** I learned that the bridges will connect to the ends of the west end balcony and go to the other side.....SO that means if you are under the balcony in the 400s you will not be blocked by the bridges to garden vision views. Unfortunately, and those with season tickets on the west end in the 400s learned tonight, if you anywhere behind I would say row E in the 400s, your not seeing garden vision because of the west balcony itself, and its a pretty crappy view.
13. All in all between the Rangers Play tonight and the opening of the New Arena i give the whole thing an D-. I just can't give it an F yet because well it still was exciting and would have been better if the play was better.