- He loved his time with the Rangers, loved the organization especially the fans. (NY Post)
- He has no regrets about the situation that led to his trade and he has no ill feelings towards the Rangers/management. (NY Post)
- He loves the fans, embraced them and "that's all I can say about that." (NY Post)
- He had to remember not to go into the home locker room. (NYR)
- He keeps in contact with a lot of his former teammates and was glad to see them. (NYR)
- The hardest part of leaving the Rangers was leaving behind the close friends he had made during his career. (Ranger Rants)
9:39AM: Ryan Callahan has 6 goals and 7 assists for Tampa Bay this season with 31 hits, 37 shots, 11 blocked shots and an average of 18:26 per game.
He is only averaging 24 seconds on the PK this season and 14:28 at even strength and 3:33 on the PP.
Callahan signed a six-year deal with Tampa Bay and has a cap hit of $5.8 million.
For a detailed look at Callahan's entire contract negotiation saga and trade from the Rangers, CLICK HERE.THN)
Tampa coach John Cooper said that Callahan makes Tampa Bay a better team because of all the intangibles that he brings to the lineup and he makes a lot of plays that don't show up on the scoresheet. (NHL.com)
Steve Stamkos said that Callahan will do whatever it takes to win and is the kind of player that you want on your side in tough situations. (NHL.com)