5:39PM: Pouliot spoke with John Giannone before the game and said:
- On coming back"It’s awesome. It was only one year but that one year was special to me. Going so far in the playoffs, it was the best year I have had in the NHL. Seeing those guys out there tonight will be fun,"
- On it being different because of how far the team went, "For sure it will be different. Going so far and seeing them everyday, we bonded even more. I still stay in touch with a bunch of them. Coming back to NY and the year we had, there is only positive and good stuff and it helped me a lot in my career. It will be special and fun."
- On Edmonton, “They are such a young team and at one point it will turn around, they pushed hard and I couldn’t say no. It’s been 8-9 years that they haven’t been in, but that can all change. So far so good everything is positive, we are not winning as much as we want but it’s similar to the start we had last year.
- For more on Pouliot leaving the Rangers and signing with the Oilers, CLICK HERE.
When Pouliot is on the ice at 5 on 5, the Oilers have 50.2% of the shots on goal. (Puckalytics)
Pouliot is starting 40.94% of his shifts in the offensive zone, 40.94% in the neutral zone and 18.12% in the defensive zone.
In his first 27 games with the Rangers last season, Pouliot had 2 goals and 2 assists.
Pouliot spoke after the Oilers morning skate today and said (Oilers) :
- On returning, "it will be nice, fun, I'm excited. Not too stressed right now but come game time I will be a little more nervous. I feel good, feel excited and we had a good run last year with a bunch of good dudes on the other side. It will be fun to play against them and see them on the other side."
- Are you comfortable as an Oiler, "it's feeling better the past few games, I keep saying that the start was tough but the past 3-4 games my game has been better even though the production isn't there. I am doing the right thing, it's just a matter of doing the right thing and the points will come."
- Is it tough to join a new team, "everyone has ups and downs and I am not too worried right now. Last year was a tough start too and I just go day by day."
- On going from a team that went to the Cup Final to a team that probably won't, "it's early, it's early to say that, you never know what happened. You never know what happens, last year we were 2-7, 2-8 and went to the Cup final so you never know. We will see how it goes."
- On playing with Nugent-Hopkins and Eberle, "Nuge and Ebs are two smart, fast players, guy who can make plays. The only positive part of Hallsy being out is me getting some time on the top line. We are feeling comfortable together, we are buzzing down there. Get a bounce and things can go pretty well."
- On starting slow last year, "first 30 games I think maybe I had 4-5 points. Hopefully it won't get to 30 but I just try to stay positive and work hard."
- You started 2-8 last year, "2-8, something like that, third game was 7-1, 7-2 in SJ. It was bad the first 10 games and then we turned it around around Christmas."