7:13PM: Callahan is booed when he first controls the puck.
6:51PM: Marc Staal said, "it's like playing against your brothers. Guys you played with for a long time and put a lot of heart and soul into the organization but it will be fun."
On battling them, "It's just competing. The game starts and your emotions and trying to win and do what is right on the ice takes over."
6:42PM: Ryan Callahan spoke with Kenny Albert on MSG during Rangers pre game:
- On this morning, "It was different. I had to remember what room I was going to. A lot of emotions, 6-7 years here. It’s weird to come back and be in this room but I am excited about coming back and playing in front of the fans again."
- On the deadline, “I was, as much as you know it can happen, when you first hear it it hits you hard. I loved my time here, was getting traded for the first time but I went to Tampa and have been treated well.”
- On seeing the Rangers playoff run, "I was excited for them. I played with some of these guys for 8 seasons and for them to go on that run and have that success, I was happy to see it.”
- On going against Girardi tonight, “it will be a little weird. Me and Dan are close, me and Staalsie. Playing against them I don’t know what to expect, I have never done anything like this before but we will have fun with it.”
- On the fan reaction, “I don’t know, I hope I get a good reception. I loved my time here in NY because of the fans, because of how they embraced me, how they treated me. I can’t say enough about the Rangers faithful and can’t thank them enough for what they did for me for those 8 seasons.”