Here is what he had to say:
- NON-Hockey: Sam says that the weather has gotten better from the heat wave of last month.He can't play tennis as well as he used to and he thinks that Rex Ryan is an excellent coach.
- Sam says that there is optimism about the Rangers because the organization has focused on maintaining a core and having them grow together. He brings up Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Callahan, Artem Anisimov, Derek Stepan, Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Sauer, Marc Staal, Dan Girardi and the hope of Michael Del Zotto returning to form as players in the Rangers core.
- He says that adding in Richards and Gaborik around those players is a big help.
- Sam says that Gordie Clark thinks Tim Erixon will be able to step in and win a spot on defense.
- Sam says that Brad Richards biggest impact will be on Gaborik and playing the point on the power play. He says that teams focused more on Gabby last season and that he and John Tortorella may not have always been on the same page. He thinks that their relationship got better as the season went on.
- Sam thinks that Brandon Dubinsky would fit with Richards and Gaborik.
- On Wade Redden, Sam says that he is a great guy in the locker room and a good teammate. He brings up how all the players that were called up from Hartford raved about Redden and how he helps the players down there.
- On Wojtek Wolski, Sam says that he isn't sure where Wolski fits into the lineup. "He isn't John Tortorella's type of player." He doesn't think that Wolski fits into the situation right now.