4:02PM: Alain Vigneault said today (MSG):
- On Rick Nash, "Nash, I would say, is close, but not tomorrow. The bye week will probably help him as far as getting to 100% and I think he is close but he is not quite there yet. Bye week should help."
- What does Nash need to do, "he has been working real hard, today him and Pavel were on D, probably our best D pair, our guys were calling them Niedermayer and Pronger out there. (laugh) I think he is real close but since we have 1 game left and the 5 days, just to be on the smart side and wait until next week."
3:47PM: Nash said on Friday (MSG):
- "Still feel it a bit out there, so 4-5 days off should help."
- How do you feel compared to when you last returned, "it's better. It's going in the right direction. This bye week is coming at a perfect time for me."
- On how he feel about the bye helping, "Very optimistic I will be able to play and then it's just about finding that groove and your timing and speed and all that stuff which is hard coming off an injury but very optimistic that after the break I will be back in."
- How concerned are you about the injury, "that is what we learned from the first one, over-compensating and not playing on a full groin. We are on the right track now and just want to make sure it's at 100% before we come back."
- On frustration with the injury, "It's definitely frustrating. I was feeling it out there and that my game was in a good position but it's a setback and part of sports, everyone goes through injuries and it really tests you mentally and physically."
- What will you do with the bye week, "yea, have a few days off but not a true bye week, I'll stay and do work and treatment."
2:34PM: Rick Nash will not play tomorrow against the Blue Jackets and said that he is waiting until there is no pain. (Cyrgalis)
Nash said that the bye week is coming at a good time for him. (Cyrgalis)
Alain Vigneault said that Nash is "close" but won't play tomorrow. He said that the bye week will probably help Nash get to 100%.
For more updates on Nash, click HERE.
Adam Rotter: Not being 100% makes the decision not to play in Columbus tomorrow easy. He's too important to the Rangers to risk another preventable injury, like the one he is dealing with, and since the team has found ways to win without him there is no need to rush him back. I'm sure he wanted to return and play against his old team but it's more important for Nash to miss tomorrow if it can hopefully lead to him being healthy for a potential playoff matchup.