Rick Nash met with the media on MSG following today's win over the Oilers and said:
- On the first goal, "Kevin has a lot of patience, you just try to give the puck to playmakers and open up and try to get your shot through and it was a great pass by him."
- On the second goal, "we talked about that play before the game and the chance that it might be open. Me and Brady talked about it and he made a great pass. You just try and build a wall with your skates and stick and hope that it hits something."
- That is a play that you thought would work, "when you get a goalie like Cam, we know him pretty well, he challenges hard, it leaves that back door play open."
- On the third period, "the second period was a bit tough for us until we got those two PPs, which, you want special teams to bring you some momentum. We sat back a beat, they are a good team, they have some fast guys and you gotta give them credit, they brought a few waves of shifts and we were lucky to hold them off."
- On the identity of the team, "fast for sure and I would say simple. We get ourselves in trouble when we don't get pucks deep and turn them over in the neutral zone, when we keep it simple that is when it seems like we are at our best."