3/22/18 | 4:19PM: Lindgren will report to Hartford and play the rest of the season on an ATO. (Brooks)
His contract will begin next season. (Brooks)
3:06PM: The Rangers have confirmed the Lindgren signing.
From the Rangers release:
- He played in 67 career collegiate games over two seasons with the Golden Gophers, registering three goals and 13 assists for 16 points, along with a plus-six rating and 116 penalty minutes.
- Lindgren was selected to the Big Ten's All-Rookie Team and was an Honorable Mention for the Big Ten All-Star Team during his freshman year in 2016-17, as he helped the University of Minnesota win the Big Ten Regular Season Championship.
- Lindgren was also an Honorable Mention for the Big Ten All-Star Team in his sophomore year in 2017-18, and he served as one of the University of Minnesota's alternate captains this season.
- Lindgren helped the United States earn a bronze medal at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship, and he won a gold medal while representing the United States at the 2017 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- He also served as the captain for the United States at the 2016 IIHF World U18 Championship, recording five points (two goals, three assists) and a plus-five rating in seven games to help the United States earn a bronze medal.
3/21/18 | 3/21/18 | 7:59PM: If Lindgren signs he would immediately report to Hartford for their final 10 games. (NY Post)
4:39PM: Lindgren's contract with the Rangers is expected to be done in the next day or so. (Russo)
3/20/18 | 9:12PM: According to The Athletic, Lindgren has decided to sign with the Rangers.
3:11PM: Prospect Ryan Lindgren, who the Rangers acquired as part of the Rick Nash trade from Boston, is considering turning pro following his sophomore season. (NY Post)
Lindgren has spent the past two seasons at the University of Minnesota as well as with Team USA for the World Juniors. (NY Post)
Larry Brooks writes that it is not known if the Rangers are encouraging Lindgren, 20, to turn pro. (NY Post)
He is "renowned for his leadership skills and all-around game." (NY Post)
Lindgren was ranked recently as the Rangers 6th prospect by The Hockey News' Future Watch.
For a lot more on Lindgren, click HERE.