The Rangers have called up Ryan Sproul from Hartford after the injury to Tony Deangelo last night.
From the Rangers release:
- The 6-4, 205-pounder has skated in four games with the Rangers this season, registering two assists.
- Sproul made his debut with the Blueshirts on Feb. 13 at Minnesota, and he recorded his first assist/point as a Ranger on Feb. 17 at Ottawa.
- He has skated in 32 career NHL games over parts of three seasons with the Rangers and Detroit, registering one goal and eight assists for nine points.
- Sproul, 25, has skated in 49 AHL games with the Grand Rapids Griffins and Wolf Pack this season, registering 11 goals and 18 assists for 29 points, along with 30 penalty minutes.
- He is tied for sixth among AHL defensemen in goals and is tied for 12th among AHL defensemen in points this season. Sproul has recorded a point in each of his last four games with the Wolf Pack (one goal, three assists), including an assist in each of his last three games with Hartford.
- In addition, he has registered a point in nine of his last 11 AHL games, and he has tallied 12 points (four goals, eight assists) over the span.
Sproul is expected to play tomorrow against Pittsburgh.