- 8:31 NYR Mats Zuccarello (Power Play); Assists: Mika Zibanejad, Pavel Buchnevich
- 12:34 CAR Jeff Skinner; Assists: Noah Hanifin, Victor Rask
- 0:33 CAR Jeff Skinner; Assists: Brett Pesce, Jaccob Slavin
- 12:17 NYR Mats Zuccarello; Assists: Ryan McDonagh, Henrik Lundqvist
- 19:59 CAR Bryan Bickell (Power Play); Assists: Jeff Skinner, Victor Rask
Jeff Skinner had two goals and an assist, and the Carolina Hurricanes beat the New York Rangers 3-2 on Friday night. >> Read more at SNY.tv...
- The Rangers played okay tonight but they weren't as crisp as they have been or how they were in the final two minutes on Wednesday. They seemed a little disjointed at times and had trouble generating enough in the third period. They had some good chances to tie it, at least Mats Zuccarello did, but overall the Rangers just seemed off compared to other games so far in this short season.
- Mats Zuccarello had a strong game and continued a strong start to the season with two goals tonight.
- The Rangers didn't give up an early first period goal tonight, they actually scored first, but more than made up for it by giving up goals to Carolina in the first minute and the last seconds of the second period.
- In hindsight, while it's not particularly great to give up a goal inside the first 90 or so seconds of the first period...the Rangers did win the last three games.
- The Rangers should be able to bounce back from this with Sunday's game against Tampa. The Lightning are obviously a top team in the East and the game will provide another chance early to see how the Rangers measure up. They measured up pretty well with the Capitals last week, hopefully it's more of the same on Sunday.